Monday, July 04, 2005

iTunes Podcasting Update

As of Saturday, June 30th, two days after the release of iTunes 4.9, customers have subscribed to over 1 million Podcasts through its new feature.

I will admit, I really knocked podcasting in the past because I felt it required too much effort on the part of its users and not nearly enough people owned ipods. I do not think iTunes 4.9 quite solves those problems, but it’s a step in the right direction.
“Podcasting is like cappuccino,” said August Trometer, developer of iPodderX. “Gourmet coffee was around for a long time, but it took Starbucks to put it on the map. Apple is like the Starbucks of Podcasting and advertisers will take us more seriously now.”
iTunes 4.9 still requires users to sync their iPods with their computers daily to get the latest Podcasts. I foresee a day when we will be able to break free from our wired world. I want my Podcasts to update my iPod automatically, while I am sleeping, without a physical connection and perhaps also allow content to be sent to other devices like my cell phone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathie Legg said...

yeah. i saw. i am SO SO SO excited!!!

7/04/2005 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
Who Links Here