Saturday, June 04, 2005

We Should Just Share

I often let my thoughts run away with the possibilities of new technology and the usual catalysis of that is my favorite blog, Mobile Technology. Russell Buckley posses an interesting idea… sharing music with friends through Bluetooth Technology with your cell phone. Wow, he is onto something there and I think the hardware is actually ready for such a thing too.

SONY is coming out with this fabulous phone that acts as a cell phone, camera, and a mp3 player and I think this is just the start of such devices. Why carry your ipod, your phone, your PDA, your laptop, and your camera everywhere you go when you can have just one device with all of those functions? It is brilliant and it sounds like it accommodates my love for carrying little bags.

Now, where the politics come in... As Emi said in class with the asbestos video, hill staffers send videos and emails to one another in a viral way. Imagine taking it a step further and providing a way for them to send the video directly to one another's phones through Bluetooth.

Maybe my friends and I are dorks, but I can totally see us out at a bar talking about a funny ad we saw, then bringing it up on my phone, and all standing around my little 1.5 X 1.5 inch screen watching it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathie Legg said...

brooks, that is amazing! Score!

PNC, yeah yeah... i know... my sony cybershot is far better than the camera function on my PDA.... but... that could all change soon! that is the exciting part!!!

6/05/2005 2:38 AM  
Blogger Cody Ryan York said...

Will the ability to receive multimedia at any time also increase the flow of unsolicited information? Imagine sitting at the bar with your friends and getting a constant flood of messages, some from friends but others from the latest company trying to sell you something. I am just a simple country boy, but I long for the day when I am no longer required to be in constant contact with people I don’t know.

6/06/2005 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
Who Links Here